As part of the I-39/90 Project, construction work is underway on WIS 26/Milton Avenue, between US 14/Humes Road and John Paul Road, in Janesville. Early next week, all WIS 26 traffic will shift onto the northbound lanes within these limits.
What you need to know:
- One lane CLOSED each way on WIS 26/Milton Avenue between US 14 and John Paul Road.
- 6 p.m. Monday (March 8) to 6 a.m. Tuesday (March 9)
- Starting Tuesday morning, all WIS 26 traffic will shift onto the northbound lanes. Watch for crews and equipment in the area.
- Two lanes will remain OPEN each way with dedicated turn lanes.
- The speed limit will be reduced to 30 mph. Please slow down!
- Plan ahead as backups and delays are expected during peak travel times.
- Access to local businesses is maintained within the work zone.
- Learn more about the WIS 26 Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI), including a narrated animation video.
- The WIS 26 ramp to I-39/90 southbound remains CLOSED until late August 2021.
- Use alternate routes such as US 14 to the southbound Interstate.
- Below are the expected construction staging plans for this year as we convert the interchange to a DDI – subject to change.
- Early March to late June
- Southbound traffic shifted onto northbound side
- Late June to July
- Northbound and southbound traffic on their own side
- Late July to mid-September
- Northbound traffic shifted to southbound side
- Mid-September to mid-October
- All lanes open during peak periods and interchange operating as a DDI while off-road work is finished.
- All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Help us share this information and forward this email to family, friends and co-workers who travel WIS 26/Milton Avenue in Janesville. Encourage them to register for project email updates!
STAY INFORMED: I-39/90 Expansion Project website | I-39/90 Project Facebook page | 2021 Construction Guide | Alternate Route Map
For more information, contact:
I-39/90 Project Communications Manager
(608) 884-1230 | [email protected]
WisDOT and the I-39/90 Project Team
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/WisconsinI3990Project