Welcome to the Town of Harmony in Rock County, WI!
The Town of Harmony was established in 1848 and consisted mostly farms on land that is considered some of the best farmland in the U.S. Harmony was one of the first Towns in the United States to build a Town Hall in 1876. The original Town Hall was on Town Hall Road and that building is now located at Old World Wisconsin and available for viewing. The Town of Harmony went as far west as Newville Road and was just south of Kiwanis Pond covering 36 square miles. Much of the City of Janesville is now located on land that belonged to the Town of Harmony.
The Town of Harmony borders the northeast side of the City of Janesville and is south of the City of Milton. The town consists of rural subdivisions and agricultural enterprises. The 2,575 residents enjoy the rural setting with easy access to the metropolitan areas of Janesville and Madison.
A History of The Town of Harmony Residents that was published in 1879. Please click below
A History of the Town of Harmony Click Here