All Property Owners in the
Town of Harmony, Rock County
J&D Pounder, Inc. has been commissioned to complete a revaluation of all property in the Town of Harmony, Rock County for the 2012 tax year. They will be inspecting all properties including interiors, to assign new assessments that should more accurately reflect today’s market prices.
Inspections will begin the week of November 1, 2011 and continue through June 2012.
WI Statutes 943.13(4m)(d) and 943.15(1m) allow the assessor or staff to enter land or construction site if all the following conditions are met:
1. Assessor’s purpose is to make an assessment.
2. Entry occurs on a weekday during day light (unless other agreed upon time).
3. Visit is no more than one hour on the land.
4. No opening or entering doors or looking in windows.
5. Assessor leaves a notice of the visit and contact information in a prominent place on principal building or land.
6. Assessor has not received notice from the owner denying permission to enter.
If you are not home, notice will be left on your door or prominent place by J&D Pounder, Inc. to schedule an appointment. If you would like to schedule an appointment in advance of the initial visit, please contact the Assessor at 262-728-2256 or 877-202-6682.
If you would like to deny permission to enter, please write to J&D Pounder, Inc. at N4734 County Rd. M, Delavan, WI 53115. Failure to schedule an Interior Inspection, or denying the Assessor access to the property, may result in an assessment based on the Assessor’s estimate of numerous factors regarding improvements. If the Assessor is denied permission to inspect, an equitable assessment cannot be guaranteed and property owners may not be allowed to appear before the Board of Review.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Lisa Tollefson, Town Clerk
Town of Harmony
Posted September 14, 2011
Published September 15, 2011